Last week Uncle Bob Martin gave a speech in my company about Components and Architecture.
Needless to say it was a great pleasure and fun to listen to him.
At the end of the speech, during the Q&A, a guy asked him which books he considers to be a must in order to improve your dev skills, so here we go with the 9 books a developer should read in his career:
- Structure and implementation of computer programs
- Controlling Software Projects: Management, Measurement, and Estimates
- The element of programming style
- The mythical man-month
- Design pattern elements of reusable object-oriented software
- Extreme programming
- The deadline
- The pragmatic programmer
- The passionate programmer
Hope you will have some free time to read these fundamental books!
Note on the picture : I was lucky enough to capture him passing in front of a slide of my opensource library at some point during the speech :)